College



College taught me some harsh lessons

 that cut through my heart like a knife,

I didn’t know what I was getting into the day I first arrived

But I will carry the memories,hurt,lessons throughout my life

Three years has been indeed a roller-coster ride.

 

From the first “hi my name is rahul”                                                          

To the last “ remember to call me to your wedding ”

From the first “ wanna eat in the canteen “

To the last cup of wai wai,

From that first handshake of friendship

To ending up as most known strangers

Now that I think of all the memories

it seems like it was only a while ago

I realized it the hard way in college

All that comes is bound to go.

 

I have been hurt by the people I trusted the most,

I have been left by the people I was always there for

Friendships I thought would last a lifetime, were drawn to a close,

I have learnt looks actually don’t matter as some of the most beautiful faces

Are rotten to the core .

 

Now that I leave this place with memories , hurt,lessons and a few best friends

If I could give one advice to my younger self

It would be to do everything that I didn’t do thinking it was “too late ",

Whether it was asking that girl out for dinner

to bunk a class and share old stories over a cup of tea at ats

Or to participate in events knowing there is no chance I could be the winner,

Cause the most important thing I learnt in college

Is that it’s better to do things late than never

As most things that come in your life aren’t here to stay forever.


-Writer_Owl


St.Xavier's College
St.Xavier's College,Kolkata

Comments